In social work, case work is a primary method of helping others. With the help of case work technique, social workers help the clients. Individual case work is a helping process. The process has some steps. Like
· Establishment of professional relationships with the client.
· Talking with the client in a friendly way to get information on client’s problems, and difficulties.
· Accepting the client’s problems, and difficulties.
· Motivating the client about good.
· Encourage the client for solving the problems.
· Meeting with client’s peer group for solving the problems.
· Providing guide and assistance to client.
· Follow-up the client.
You can help your client by giving regular guidance, motivation and support. In IGNOU MSW or BSW course, you have to do case work with the clients. These steps will be helpful in doing the case work.
With these steps, you can help your client in various settings like client having problem in family, student having problem in study, drug addicted etc.