Tuesday, December 30, 2014
H H Perlman is a famous author in the field of social work. He has been completed many books on the social work and other related themes. Here is a list of some of the famous books by H H Perlman
· So You Want To Be A Social Worker?1970
· Social Casework 1965
Friday, November 21, 2014
Group conference is all about discussion on a topic. In the IGNOU, group conference mostly covered the discussion between the students about their field work experience.
You need to do 5 Group Conferences in the MSW or BSW study of IGNOU. In the GC report, you need to discuss with your MSW/BSW batch mates about their experience in the field work.
For the group conference reports, you need to write on the following activities.
1. Name of Organization where your friend completed the training.
2. Programme & activities-
4. Problem faced
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Numbers of students are very confused about the last date of submission of the field work journal. Guys, there are no last date for the same but if you try to submit the journal as much as possible, it will be good for you. If you submit the journal with your assignments, you will get the marks on your grade card quickly.
So if you want to get your results on time then try to submit the journal as soon as possible.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Community Organization is one of the important activities we need to do in the second year of IGNOU MSW course. In the Community Organization, we need to make plans for the community.
First of all, you need to find the problems of the community by establishing good relationships with the people living in the community. After that, you can motivate them about how they can solve the community problems by doing some efforts. You can taught them process of documentation and letter writing to the authorities.
Community mobilization is an important step in the community organization. With the help of good skills, community worker can bring changes in the lifestyle of people living in the community. Organize the community for action and plan together.
Monday, September 29, 2014
There are total 8 goals listed in the Millennium Development chart. Almost all NGOs are working on objectives of the Millennium Development Goals.
· Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
· Goal 2: Achieve universal primary education
· Goal 3: Promote gender equality and empower women
· Goal 4: Reduce child mortality rates
· Goal 5: Improve maternal health
· Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
· Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
· Goal 8: Develop a global partnership for development
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Social action is a special tool of social work. Every social workers use it for solving the problems of individual, groups or community. I have also used it many times for solving the case of my community. I have used RTI and paidal march techniques for the social action.
In the IGNOU MSW or BSW course, students also need to apply the social action tool for getting the professional social work skills. Here is the list of activities and tasks we need to do in social action.
Social action is a good and result oriented activity and it motivates the people. It is not easy and required time and efforts.
According to IGNOU MSW and BSW course, you need to write following points in your social action report.
· Social Action Report
· Who were the organizers/leaders/motivators of the social action activity?
· Who were the participants of the social action?
· What were the issues involved?
· Who were the target of their action? Government, private agency or individuals?
· What were their demands?
· Was there any incident that precipitated the protest?
· Since how long has this project been going on?
What mode of protest have they adopted?
What mode of protest have they adopted?
· For how long do they feel that the protest will go on?
· What will they do if there is no response from the authorities?
· Did they contact the press /media for coverage?
· What symbolic acts have they done for furthering the protest?
· What were the material and non material sources involved?
· Where were the resources coming from?
· What was the public response to the actions?
· What was the response from the authorities?
· What was the response from the police and administration?
· Did they keep their line of communication with the authorities?
· What were the negative impacts?
· What were the gains?
· Finally what were your impressions?
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Are you looking for the IGNOU MSW Exam Preparation Tips? Do you want to know about How to prepare for the MSW Exam?
Guys, the exams are going to start from the next month. Hope you have opened your study block. Now you have no time to read the entire blocks. Better download the last 10 years question papers from the IGNOU website and start making the answers. Remember the questions repeated everytime so if you will prepare the course from the last 10 years question papers, you will get good marks.
Best of luck for your preparation. Have a good time.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
The successful teamwork with the co-workers while doing the field work is very necessary for getting the professional social work skills. You need to communicate with the co-workers and share your experience and learning with them. You can also take help of your supervisor for getting the information about the career opportunities in the field of social work.
Happy Social Work Practice.
Thursday, March 20, 2014
MSWE-002 Women and Child Development is an elective course in the IGNOU MSW course. This paper is all about the welfare of children and women development. The blocks of the MSWE-002 Women and Child Development contain the various schemes available for the children and women development.
The assignment of MSWE002 children and women development has various questions related to the schemes for children and women development.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Induction meeting is the first meeting with the college supervisor. You need to write about the summary of first day meeting with the supervisor.
Individual conference is all about the personal meeting with the supervisor for discussion on the issues related to the field work and journal.
Group conference is the meeting with all batch mates about the different social work tools and techniques they applied in the field work. We can also make it group discussion by giving a common topic for discussion.
Friday, February 21, 2014
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Mai tumhe ek jantar deta hoon jab tumhe lage ki tumpe tumhara aham havi hone laga hai, kuch pata na chalen ki kaya Karen kaya na Karen uss time pe iss jantar ko azmao. Koi bhi kaam shuru karne ke pahle socho ki kaya iss kaam se uss admi ko kuch milega jo ki society ke line me sabse picche khada hai kaya tumhare kaam se uska kasat dur ho sakeg. Answer depend upon you. If the answer is yes then go ahead…
Friday, January 24, 2014
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Dissertation is one of the essential parts of the MSW course. If you want to do M.Phil or PhD in Social Work, the dissertation will help you to do so. By the way, in the IGNOU second year you have to submit a dissertation in your study center.
There are some guidelines offered by the IGNOU for preparing the dissertation. If you are facing any difficulty in doing your dissertation and looking for any kind of help, I can offer my services to you. I am taking onetime fee to compile your dissertation.
What I need to make your research / dissertation work
- Title approved by your college supervisor.
- Synopsis if you have created.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Field work practice or field work days are important events to get familiar with the social work concepts. The concurrent field work visits give an opportunity to the student to find the difference between the class lectures and real situation. Learn some of the basic benefits of social field work practice.
· If you want to learn about how to apply social work methods in the situation of given individuals, groups or communities problems, the field work is very important in the social work education.
· With the help of field work, the students achieve self-awareness & discipline. It is very useful to use them as a helper & as agent of change in an individual & group situation.
· Field work is only way where the student can apply the methods what he learnt in his text books or theory classes.
· Students also gain knowledge about the administration. They receive information about how to run a NGO or office.