IGNOU MSW BSW Field Work Journal

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Field Work with Smack Addicted




While my social work field work training, I got a chance to work with the people who were addicted to smack. It was nice experience to deal with such kind of people.
I was first afraid but after building some rapport, I feel comfortable. Basically I was involved in taking the client’s history like asking their name, age, marital status, occupation, education, what kind of drugs they used, craving time, psychological and physical appearance, effect on family, legal problems faced etc.
After collecting the details, I motivated them for personal grooming like daily bath, yoga, exercise. I observed that some patients followed my instructions and there was change in their attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment